Unless taught otherwise before puberty, boys show disrespect for girls and girls show too much respect for boys. The lack of balance distorts the adolescent world to dramatically disfavor girls.
- Gossiping demonstrates lack of respect. Both boys and girls do it, generate teen anxiety, and cause bad relations. Gossiping slows and often stops among adult men that rise above their adolescent leanings. But it doesn’t slow among females, because their natural drive to help and improve others never dies.
- Boys gossip about girls to spread knowledge about sex. They seek background info to determine how to escape their own virginity, gain sexual experience, and facilitate conquests. Who puts out and doesn’t, plays around and doesn’t? Who’s hot and who’s not? Respect for the girls has little to do with boys in this frame of mind. The teen boy’s primary mission is to score. Failing that, he ridicules unyielding girls to protect his sense of significance and reputation among peers.
- Girls gossip about boys to spread knowledge of how to handle the imperfections of boys. Not just their unworthy behavior but their uniquely masculine faults that girls think they can remedy. They respect the boys except as they think particular boys need to be upgraded. But girls lack experience to inform them what boyhood imperfections mean in adult life, what ‘defects’ symbolize character flaws from a ‘growing up’ mentality.
- Reputations spread and girls face boys who have preconceived notions of each girl’s character and willingness to accept advances.
- The more a boy pursues a girl with the preconceived notion that advances are unwelcome and her resistance is impenetrable, the more he pursues her sincerely for who she is and not the sex she can provide. It’s why grandparents caution girls to guard their reputations.
- Withholding sex earns the respect of boys. Yielding slows or stops the earning of a boy’s respect. Yielding promiscuously destroys all promise a girl might hold for one boy to marry. Men don’t marry females that their peers have conquered.
Masculine love is based on respect first for the female gender and second for a particular woman. Cheap and easy yielding of sex earns a girl no respect and, consequently, qualifies her for less manly love later in life. (For more see four series titled Respect…, Virgin…, Virtual Virginity, and Virtue… in the CONTENTS page at blog top.)