This series aims at morphing a young woman from adolescence into mature adulthood. Yesterday’s post was devoted to the mental side of self-image, one’s picture of Self. Today, we focus on one’s appearance.
“To change a habit, make a conscious decision, then act out the new behavior.” (Maxwell Maltz)
Upgrade and reinforce your daily appearance and you change your habits. Dress for success and become more successful. For example, dress for capturing a man, keeping a man, getting a better job, earning more respect, or just to feel better about yourself and success will follow. No guarantees but odds dramatically favor you. Dress more maturely and adult-like and you leave adolescent habits behind without much effort. Details follow.
Your Appearance. Many people prefer the certainty of misery to the uncertainty of change. If you’re like those people, you won’t like what follows here.
- Plan and slowly and step by step do a personal and private makeover. Don’t appear radical. Stay within common boundaries especially the classier aspects of society.
- To believe something new about yourself, use these steps: Repeatedly until it becomes habitual, act the way you want to believe about yourself. If you want to be cuter, dress and groom that way. If you want be prettier, spend more time at the mirror. If you want a new job, do better at the one you have. If you want to capture a good man, practice figuring out the character and integrity of men. If you want the courage to change your beliefs, act as if you already have it. Give yourself at least ninety days to become what you want to believe. If not there, continue. You can become who you want to be but it takes courage and dedication to your hopes and dreams.
- Work daily before a mirror to make yourself prettier as an adult, more femininely important as an adult, and more attractive in your eyes as an adult. Commit to at least a half-hour a day before your main mirror. At first just speculate and experiment with thoughts and grooming tools that might work for you. Then, practice improving on making you prettier for you. Then, prettier and prettier to and just for you. Self-talk prevents becoming satisfied too soon, as you’ll see in tomorrow’s article. (Also, you can learn more at the Mirror Time series at 563 and 564).
- Since you believe in yourself, you need no other opinion than God’s and those you form before your mirror-friend. Expect to make mistakes and forgive yourself. Be proud of each recovery. (If you don’t believe in yourself, turn your life over to Jesus Christ and He will lift you from that misery.)
- Make yourself appear classier than your peers but not too much and never toward radical. If you feel prouder of yourself and envy other females much less than before, you’re on the right track. If girlfriends envy and friends and family admire you, you’re on the right track. But don’t quit. You have much more potential than you credit yourself.
- Each day review what you did well and reinforce those things in your bundle of convictions about yourself. Record it in a journal. Forget what others did or said. Focus just on you and especially your feminine sensibilities. Also identify those things at which you lack skills, aptitude, or interest. Decide ahead of time that you will avoid those things in the future. Either bow out or walk away when your sensibilities are offended.
- Others will form their own opinions based on how they see you. You can help shape their opinions by making yourself more attractive in your own eyes. Appear more attractive and you act that way. Act that way and receive much more attention. You need more attention from others if you hope to fulfill your hopes and dreams.
- Finally, the Boob Language series at CONTENTS has many guidelines and precautions about dressing oneself more attractively for men.
This series continues to grow. Much courage for upgrading oneself from adolescent to adult is also available by working with one’s self-talk, self-esteem, self-interest, and use of the self-fulfilling prophecy. Those subjects continue tomorrow.