I mentioned blog etiquette a few days ago, and a lady asked to see it. Of course, it isn’t written but just the result of thoughts about how to conduct blog communication. Unless viewers offend me or others, I let them post with clean language, unoffending attitude, and respect for others. I describe below the standards I expect of myself.
Please don’t cite the exceptions you find especially in low-number posts. I know I’ve made mistakes or deviated on a whim. Looking back isn’t my game, but I fix whatever I run across.
The blog is no better than I make myself attend to self-defined duties. For the most part, I shall:
- Respect and treat others as my parents and teachers expected all adults to be respected.
- Write as if I’m educated and make clarity the prime target.
- Add dignity to both genders by recognizing the best in individuals.
- Use politeness that attracts cognitive attention and discourages reader-anger that stirs only emotional attention.
- Hold my temper here and let it fly elsewhere.
- Thoroughly proofread before posting. The absence of typos shows respect for readers. Clearness displays conscientiousness.
- Remind both genders they are far more special than they acknowledge and not just at this blog.
- Honor commenters with fancy salutations (e.g., Your Highness) that don’t have to be earned, can’t be lost, and stimulate smiles.
- Let all viewers develop their own sense of etiquette from the ‘flavor’ they find here. For egregious accusations or disrespectful language and attitude, I caution or chastise the writers or trash their comments. Otherwise, I encourage viewers to put their thoughts to the keyboard.
- Continue trying to attract male contributors. (However, Feminism separated the male gender’s attitude and discouraged listening to what women have to say. Men expect all women to be feminists under the skin and therefore worthy of nothing more than sex objects. Feminism discredited the natural motivation of women in the eyes of men. They respond with greater male dominance and sneakier tactics leading to conquest.)
- Continue to dispose of egregious offenders. Post 548.1 provides an example.
- Withhold my lifelong habit of teasing pretty women. It makes them prettier when face-to-face, but we aren’t there. (I ease the pain of blog denial by expanding my new business described at post 1373.)
Well, that’s pretty much where I come from. I’m prouder, however, of the unknown number of readers who have written almost 7800 comments—mostly non-whiny contributions from admirable women.