Women specialize in hope, because it brightens the future. Men specialize in determining respect due from and to others, because it determines much of what happens today.
- Wives hound husbands to become more considerate and better fathers. Men become that way when treated as better husbands.
- Women do more to earn gratitude than to earn respect. Men do the opposite.
- She’s a love machine. She loves and makes it work. He’s a work machine. He works and turns it into his primary love, which empowers him to prove in his way that he loves someone.
- Men never deserve more everyday honor than when they work at what they hate in order to provide for a family.
- Women are relationship experts, men are not. But, one of the first blessings of dedicating one’s life to Christ is this: Men learn to grasp the meanings and benefits of relationships and appreciate and function better within them.
- Dominance differs greatly between men and women. Male dominance is instinctive. Because it has little or no conscious thought behind it, femininity easily outwits it, grows its own counterpoints, and soothes its harsh edges. Femininity counters masculinity with logic, reason, gender influence, hidden agendas, deep feelings, personal persuasiveness, parlaying the present for the future, and whatever else women individually and collectively use or can create to get their way.