More truisms follow. Each plays a part in developing or invigorating enduring love, the kind that lasts a lifetime.
121. You need daily assurance and confirmation of your man’s commitment; you usually rely on his words only to learn that his actions must match. He assumes your commitment continues until your actions show him otherwise.
122. You expect your man to be romantic, but romance slows a man’s conquering spirit. Your man is as romantic as you require him to become before accepting foreplay or intercourse.
123. You want to see what your man’s ex-sex partners look like. You loathe them, but you want to see how you compare in looks. Your man resents facing your previous sex partners and especially if you’re now his wife. Seeing, meeting, or reminding of your former partners makes him resent you for having yielded to someone else. (Trying to use your exes to make your man jealous inevitably backfires too.)
124. You crave frequent little things and remembrances to remind that your man is thinking of you. Your man isn’t as needful except when separated for lengthy periods.
125. You leave relationships with conviction that you can do better the next time. Your man departs with hope for a less complicated one the next time.
126. Each of these steps brightens your future. You grow easily by changing from ‘me’ to ‘you and me’ and then to ‘us’ and even to ‘you come before me’. Your man is much slower in growing that way; he also backslides easily. (His interest lies with the present and it slows his relationship growth.)
127. You easily love your man, but he easily loves his work, or whatever he does to prove himself to himself, to earn self-admiration, to add to his sense of significance.
128. To you, mother knows best. A man’s character is more important than what he does. Your man leans toward the opposite.
129. You offer sex to find love that does not bond. Your man offers love that does not bond to find sex.
130. It’s another natural inequity, another xx ≠ xy. You expect your man to love and cherish in ways that females dream, but he doesn’t. He has his own distinctive way for which you are either grateful or not.
I haven’t yet run out of axioms for generating enduring love; more follow in the next post about ‘Where Love Begins’.