At post 146 Her Highness Kathy asked two questions. I responded to one earlier today as post 1707 and the other below.
“And of course they tell you that you are a prude and old fashioned. What is a gal to do and say to that?” Say, “Thanks for the delightful compliment.” You have him exactly where you need him. So, follow up with these seeds or something similar: “I admire your ability to recognize that I value myself according to what men value most—a faithful wife. However, I’m probably not good for much more than that anyway. I sense by your pressure for sex that you’ve little or no interest in a faithful wife at this time in your life. So, perhaps we should part, as soon as you take me home.”
In today’s social arena, wife-hopeful women have to make men find attractions that exceed genital worthiness. Sorry, but that’s life. Modern men largely pursue self-admiration via sexual encounters. They see little potential for self-admiration in marriage. By you using the words above, the following benefits accrue to your advantage and enable him to see potential for self-admiration while dating but also chasing you for sex. It’s up to you to enable his self-admiration to compound from being with you sans sex.
- Calling you prude and old fashioned is a bluff. You called, went all in, and most men will fold to keep from losing their pot and place at your table.
- Men marry as close to virginity as they can get. From your attitude and words above, your virtual virginity is automatically assumed, but the fight to prove it isn’t over. His future words of commitment to the contrary, he expects to eventually disprove your virtual virginity claims. It takes time, and he has to come back for dates, maybe courtship, and perhaps marriage.
- A man doesn’t marry until he perceives an extraordinary woman, a woman of significant importance in her own eyes, a special embodiment that appeals to and builds upon his sense of self-admiration, and one he’s confident will exemplify complete faithfulness to him.
- Your comments challenged him more than ever to conquer you for one reason. You set the competitive stage upon which he can earn self-admiration just trying to conquer you. If he doesn’t accept it as an invitation, he was only after sex to begin with. You’re just not worth his time and effort, since sex is unavailable. (That too is a bluff, because he doesn’t know what else to do.)
- That you can be a faithful wife will be of interest only after he concludes that if he can’t conquer you, then no one can.
- When he becomes convinced that you’re not sexually active, his respect for you goes up. His self-respect also goes up with thoughts of winning you either for sex or, hopefully for you, much more. Since his love emerges after respect for you is formed, the door opens for romantic love that holds much more promise of sexual pairing. With that foundation laid, you are in charge of doing all the things necessary to get him to the altar.
Men are logical and rational and think women are not. Men exploit female emotions, but they’re vulnerable in their natural strengths. When she challenges him in his supposed expertise, fear of losing to a woman pushes him to retreat from the subject of sex. He’ll depart, or he will wait for another opportunity and she has time to expose the promise she holds for him. Being seen as prude and old fashioned has huge benefits for women, if they just know how to capitalize.