I’m taking off for 10 days or so. Today I post a quick summary of what both sexes ‘inherit’ at birth and some relationship principles and standardized practices that result from it. All else on the blog is derived from or somehow connected to this refresher. It should be worth more than a read-through.
Men are born as the dominant and women as the superior sex. The immovable object of dominance versus the irresistibly adjustable and survivable force of superiority brings a well-designed and natural balance to the world. However, the balance is inevitably disrupted by personalities and politics in the home, across the country, and around the globe.
These blessings are hardwired into the heart and mind before birth. What people learn later often interferes or overrides, but that may or may not make it better.
- Both sexes inherit everything they need to be compatible with a mate of the opposite sex. (In life, however, their free will enables them to think, learn, and do things that directly discourage their natural compatibility.)
- Women inherit everything they need to be happy, but they have to earn it. Happiness is the result of their finding and reinforcing gratefulness for themselves, other people, and things vital for compatibility and family. (However, the development of happiness is retarded to the extent they lack gratefulness about and for themselves. You can’t share what you don’t have.)
- It’s the counterpart to happiness for women. Men are born to be satisfied, but they routinely earn it with their multiple missions and daily accomplishments. (A man’s return home daily from the job is a sign of satisfaction and cause for celebration. You have noticed that he acts that way, right?)
- Ambition provides men with an endless string of missions in life; he’s never finished doing man things. Women have one mission, to live a good life for self and family; they try to make all else fit in.
- The prime motivational force within women is their continuous effort to prove their sense of personal importance. However, they are not self-sufficient. Instead, they form and confirm their importance through connections with other people.
- The prime motivational force within men is their continuous effort to earn self-admiration. Most everything they choose to do is aimed toward it. They may appreciate the admiration of others, but they don’t have to have it. They find enough within their independence. (Men are thus self-sufficient in both self-admiration and personal satisfaction. Confirmation and encouragement help but are not essential.)
- Women are born pretty and men are born handy. (Both, however, are particularly vulnerable to have their advantage suppressed by childhood influences that may include denial by caregivers.)
- Women are born modest and men immodest. (Girls, however, are particularly vulnerable to have their natural sense of modesty altered by childhood influences and even ‘stolen’ by caregivers.)
- Men are driven to compete with Nature, other men, and to shape human events. Women are driven to nest, nurture, and nestle with loved ones.
- Men need only a place to flop, eat, throw their things, and prepare for tomorrow’s battles. Women need a brighter future.
- Men primarily want independence to do as they wish in adjusting to the challenges and situations of life. Women primarily want someone to be available and able to help when insurmountable personal issues and catastrophes intervene with their importance and pursuit of happiness; usually a man best fits the bill.
- Men fear insignificance, especially when indicated by their mate. Women fear abandonment, first by their father and then by their mate.
- Men focus on the present; they expect to be able to handle what arises with the future. Women focus on the future; they think it their duty to shape it today in the most female-friendly manner for them and family later. [The rest that follows below are more like 'apps' than simple inheritance.]
- Men are primarily producers and women are primarily processors. The producer mindset causes men to provide, protect, and problem solve within their domains of responsibility; that is, when they perceive it their duty to do so. Women as processors shape and integrate the results of producers into relationships.
- Men are primarily competitors and tend to cooperate only when they see the need. Women are the opposite.
- Hardwiring gives rise to the eternal war of the sexes. Men seek to conquer women for sex. Women seek to conquer men for permanent mating. (Marriage isn’t a natural inheritance but pleasant insurance wrought by the irresistible force of the female sex.)
- Men seek to mate with a respectable and virtuous woman. He respects a candidate’s natural inheritances, such as sexual uniqueness, female modesty, feminine mystique, and strong preference for monogamous marriage. Second, he admires certain of her personal qualities, which then become virtues to him.
- Women seek to mate with a man devoted to her, and devotion is both created by and reflected from whatever he does to please himself by catering to her interest.
- A man’s love is founded on respect. The more he respects women generally and one in particular, the more and deeper he’s capable of loving.
- A woman’s love is based on her sense of self-importance to provide a particular man with what she thinks he needs to fulfill his life.
- Successful mating depends upon satisfactory results within daily interactions. Specifically, why, how, and what he does to and for her. And why, how, and what she says to and about him. (Compatibility falls apart quicker and more easily from repeated doses of minor irritants—his actions, her words, or both—than their relationship is held together by the bigger influences of love, vows, and sex.)
- Men change after conquering a woman for their first sex together. He’s released from the hunt to set new goals. His respect slows or stops its growth. He assumes control of their sexual agenda. He decides her role in his life.
- Single women change after being conquered by a man. She has bonded and imagines that he has too. Guilt plagues her that she may have made a mistake. Recognizing that a relationship-shaking event has occurred, she settles into anxiety about what the future holds. To live with her anxieties, she tries to convince herself that she now has him headed to the altar. She craves any kind of feedback from him as to what happens next.
- Men compete with men for the best woman. They compete with women for conquest, after which they refuse or avoid competition, mainly because they fear losing to a woman they ‘own’ by virtue of conqueror’s right.
- In the marketplace where couples form, women compete with women by making themselves virtuous. It comes first from making themselves physically attractive and second from qualities of personality, character, and likeability that individual men find admirable. When she senses that she’s competitive with other women, she feels worthy and deserving and becomes a buyer in the relationship marketplace with each man as a potential seller; whoever he is, he has to earn her. If she feels non-competitive, unworthy, or undeserving, then she acts desperately and makes bad choices throughout the marketplace.
- Making herself sexually attractive in public adds two female-unfriendly biases to the male mind. 1) It diverts his attention from her as person, woman, and potential mate and polarizes his interest on conquest. 2) It reminds that women are all alike sexually after conquest. She thus kills her own uniqueness when she invites his mind to think about sex instead of her.
- The female sex is born with aptitude, ability, and interest to perform as relationship experts, managers, and sustainers. Males are born with a deep aversion to being changed by someone else. Consequently, they lack interest in relationship management as it implies that they should change, which is to admit they are guilty.
- To men, physical infidelity is both worst and intolerable. To women, emotional infidelity is worse than the physical, because it constitutes mental and probable physical abandonment.
- Guilt plagues women; they have the inherent ability to live constantly with loads of it. Men can’t or won’t live with guilt. They resist, rebuff, resent, and rebut when someone flings guilt in their direction. They refuse to accept burdens of guilt that don’t originate within them personally. When they do accept self-imposed guilt, they may or may not take correcting or compensating action. Whether they do or don’t, they dispose of all guilt by forgetting it sooner rather than later. They don’t carry it well or long.
- Men marry on the promise that their woman will support and encourage his missions in life. Women marry on the belief that their man can achieve greater things within the framework of her guidance.
As children grow they are bombarded with values, standards, and influences that alter, replace, or even contradict what they are born with. It especially makes women less aware of what came with their birth, but it doesn’t make them less needful of their internal guidance computer, which is their heart as hardwired before birth.
Society is what we all do. Culture is why we all do it. Females are born this way. They can’t dominate society; men do that too extensively. But they do inherit at birth the capability to indirectly set, impose, and police the values, standards, and expectations by which men govern society. For example: Men conquered the west but women civilized it. Morality crumbles today, because women allow and even join in to make it happen.
Our foremothers mastered the art of dominating the culture in the first several American centuries. They managed the social and domestic value systems indirectly but so well that two male-dominated religions morphed into our female-dominated Judeo-Christian culture. The same value system that is now being ripped apart by making Christianity and religious belief illegal, immoral, unethical, or politically incorrect.
As women go so goes men. Within the female nature lies the capability to recover our female-friendly culture. Men can’t and won’t do it without the indirect influence of their woman—not women—their woman. It will take the breakfast-table, pillow-talk transfer of wifely expectations into society via individual men, which further implies that husbands have to recapture dominance of society from single men, which further implies that wives must restore their dominance of nest and home.
Oh, were it only that easy.