I know that females prefer to learn by seeing what they do right. But I take another course here. I describe single-mom inputs in order to bring out unintended consequences that plague them.
- Mom openly argues/fights with the father. Sons learn to distrust marital arrangements. Daughters learn it’s the right thing for them to do later.
- Mom frequently and emotionally accuses men of being useless, unworthy, mean, intolerable, and admirable for nothing. Toddler and pre-pubescent sons learn they may not really want to become a man. Mom thus gives birth to thoughts that turn sons toward gayness.
- Mom puts the kids in the middle to strike back at their father. When the kids see it, they learn to use people and view mom, dad, or both as being disrespectful of them, the kids.
- Mom handles sons the same female way she deals with daughters. The boys disrespect her treatment, resist her leadership, and may rebel. Daughters sympathetically help her out so they can also outshine the boys and become mom’s favorite.
- Mom falls back on what she understands best—lead by nurturing. It becomes obsolete after toddlerhood. Nurturing offends boys starting in the tweens and rises to insults in the teens. It offends girl after puberty and may do so before.
- Mom handles rebelliousness in boys by relying on female emotions that work with girls. Sons learn that mom’s a pushover and easily manipulated.
- Mom openly moans/complains about authority figures that obstruct her life. The kids learn not to respect authority figures of which she is the main one in their lives.
- Mom openly moans/complains about friends, and the kids learn that loyalty is not part of friendship. They learn to gossip as they learn personal things about friends.
- Mom doesn’t show respect of kids as smaller and less qualified persons. Kids fail to learn to respect other people.
- Mom introduces sex too early into the lives of tween girls. She teaches too much too early about being sex objects. She dresses them symbolically older than they are and they become anxious for sexual adventuring. Or, mom overly protects them with excess warnings about safety and they become fearful of life.
- Mom shows favor to kids that mind the best. If not them, daughters learn they are not as important as they expect, so they rebel. If not them, sons learn that admiration must be earned elsewhere, so after puberty they ease away or withdraw from family dependency.
- Mom acts childish, and kids learn that childishness must pay off because mom gets by with it. They also learn that it’s part of home and adulthood.
Part II follows tomorrow.