NOTE: Something different for adults 21 and over to think about. It’s definitely not for adolescents, as you’ll see in paragraph 7.
THE PATH TO VICTORY — THE ROADMAP TO YOUR MIND
Authors: Guy and Former U.S. Rep. Mick Staton (R-WV)
- You are precisely in life where you want to be. Otherwise, you would have changed things to make your world different from what it is. If there is some aspect of your life you do not like, you can change it. If there is some goal not achieved, you can achieve it. But you must change your thinking to do it. If you change your thinking, you can change your whole world.
- You will get what you think about – so spend all of your time thinking about what you want. Conversely, spend no time thinking about what you fear, dread, or do not want.
- Moreover, do not impose limits on what you want. Your path can accommodate as large a dream as you can imagine. Therefore, dream BIG – but plan and take only one step at a time. Your realization of moving closer and closer to your goal will enthuse and excite you.
- Develop a burning desire for your dream by daily visualizing what the achievement of your goal will mean to you. You must want this more than anything else. Emotionally visualize the thrills, the benefits, the pleasures, and the rewards.
- If confronted with a problem, briefly analyze all of the data about it. If no acceptable solution is forthcoming, re-focus your thoughts on the victory, the achievement of your goal. Have confidence that the answer will come and it will, generally, just in time.
- If you make a mistake, note it rationally and logically but not emotionally. Minimize its size, impact, and meaning. Then forget it and go dream about your goals, the exciting things you are now working toward.
- Trust your intuition. When friends, family, and advisors counsel you to do something against your intuition, trust your intuition. Only YOU can see your goals clearly. It is that uncluttered view of your goals that creates your intuition in the first place, so why ignore your most potent motivational and directive force? Your intuition is correct, accurate, and judgmentally sound to lead you to victory, if you envision strongly enough the thrills and rewards which will follow the attainment of your dream.
- In confrontations with opponents, adversaries, or competitors, act the way you would like to be, and soon you will be the way you act. Therefore, act calm, act as a winner, act as the combatant most in control of himself and the situation. Have faith and believe in yourself and shortly you will be calm, a winner, and totally in control.
- It matters not if people speak ill of you. It matters critically if you think ill of yourself, so much so that it alone can lead to defeat. It is vital that all your thoughts about yourself, all of your self-talk, be positive. This is easy – through practice – since you can accept or reject every thought which goes into your head.
- In treading the path to victory, you will GROW spiritually, mentally, professionally, politically, and personally. You must exercise family leadership so that those close to you grow with you and accept your growth. That growth – generated by changing your thinking, by pursuing your dream – will lead you to greater rewards, a greater life, and the winning way.