Females expect wrongly when they expect female-style openness from males. The male persona is full of private agendas.
A man will seldom volunteer or admit:
1. What he’s incapable of doing, when his woman challenges him. (Trying provides other options to avoid admitting incapability.)
2. That he’s emotionally unfaithful. (He’s not unfaithful until he cheats physically—aka the male standard.)
3. His dreams, drive, or intentions about conquering other women (if he lacks devotion for his present mate).
4. His mistakes, especially admitting to his mate about mistakes at his job.
5. That his midlife crisis appears somewhat irrational.
6. Why he won’t ask directions when she’s present. (But he does, when she’s not present.)
7. The real reasons he abandoned her or the kids’ mother.
My lengthy list of male private agendas applies to married, unmarried, young, and old. The remainder will be published soon under the same title.
NOTE: I offer this series in tribute to Her Highness Courtney. Commenting on post 308, she said she’d like to see a top ten list of things to which men won’t admit. I couldn’t narrow it to ten, so I leave it to viewers of this four-part series.