Sex play a role in the the problems with Option B as Her Highness Denise described two options at #1428.
Option A: “Some women embrace the idea that you are single until married, meaning that even though you might spend time with someone in a romantic context, until a man proposes, you remain free to entertain the interest of whomever you desire should you choose to do so.” (Already described at #1434)
Option B: “Others claim that this is disloyal, unfaithful, etc. and that if you are seriously interested in someone, that interest ought to be expressed through a committed, exclusive dating relationship where both parties are off limits to anyone else so long as you are an ‘official’ couple.”
Option A leaves the door wide open for relationship disappointments but what else is new. Option B is even riskier for women. It too easily fertilizes relationship destructiveness as its many disadvantages come into play.
The numbering continues for easy reference.
7. Option A drags out the chase for their first sex together. Conquest delayed earns more respect of her. A man’s love is founded on respect for women generally and one in particular. So, despite popular beliefs, A more reliably breeds lasting love than B.
8. Option B relationships, at least in modern society, are built upon romantic love for her fueled by sex for him. Option A repeat dating breeds mutual respect to undergird enduring love while romantic love builds. Sex is more promise than fuel and so his respect for her escalates with each date.
9. Option B presumes that mutuality of intent is accomplished. It’s easy for women. But it goes against the male nature. Why do women persist in trying to get men to act more like women? When men have so much difficulty remaining faithful after marriage, why think it can be done successfully under female terms before marriage? (I’m not saying women shouldn’t try it but they need another strategy than B. Specifically? Okay. Encourage, foster, and patiently await the development of his devotion before seeking commitment and awarding designation of ‘boyfriend’.)
10. Option B is worded in female-talk. ‘Committed’ means much less to men than women. ‘Exclusive’ places unwanted pressure upon a man. ‘Official couple’ rings sourly to the male ear. ‘Seriously interested’ comes to females much sooner and dramatically than to men. Summarized, such terms promoted by women more easily turn men off than buy their relationship loyalty. With this exception, however. He’s devoted to her far beyond just commitment. For such a man, Option B conditions are alright with him before she verbalizes and seeks mutual agreement. In other words, she didn’t even have to mention such an arrangement. He’s devoted and WANTS to be restrained by her presence in his life.
11. If a man will cheat on a woman, he does so because he lacks respect for her, lacks regard for her importance in his life, and lacks self-respect of his own integrity. Men first must learn to treat women respectfully. Option B provides little emphasis for it to happen. However, Option A does. The competitive challenges of serial dating (or appearing to) keep a date alert to treat her respectfully. His acting respectfully generates permanent respect. Thus, A encourages and B may or may not encourage growth of his respect. B at best provides fewer opportunities for her to earn and him to reflect his respect.
The list continues tomorrow in Part IV at #1437.