And it came to pass shortly after GOD had created Adam that GOD noticed that Adam wasn’t doing too well so He engaged him in conversation.
GOD: What’s the matter, Adam You don’t look too well.
ADAM: I don’t know what is wrong, GOD, but I have been feeling terribly lonely lately. There is no one or thing here on Earth that I can talk to.
GOD: Well, Adam, I can fix that. How would you like a woman companion?
– that is beautiful beyond belief
– that has a gorgeous figure
– that is extremely intelligent
– that is an excellent conversationalist
– that will hold you in very high esteem
– that will show you great respect
– that will forage for food and prepare and serve you three meals a day
– that will comfort you and care for you when you are sick
– that will clean and maintain your home, even to cutting the grass
– that when you invent it, she will make, wash and iron clothes for you
– that will take charge of your finances to keep you out of trouble and
– that will love and cherish you for the rest of your life.
ADAM: Wow!! That sounds wonderful beyond belief, GOD. What will that cost me?
GOD: The going price is an arm and a leg.
So Adam thought long and hard and finally asked: What can I get for a rib?
And the rest is History.
NOTE: Taken from a sermon by Pastor Gerald Brooks, Grace Outreach Center, Plano, TX, 11/30/2011.