- The female nature normally keeps a woman focused on the future and enhancing it with today’s decisions. However, guilt-laden women live in and shape today’s decisions out of their past. Massive and diverse guilt compound into misery, which further dims their outlook for today. It often confuses and immobilizes them against female urges to shape their own or family’s future.
- Wives seek to help with whatever worries their husband. The more he worries about his or their future together—normally wife’s major domain of concern—the more easily she prevents or helps lift herself from the debilitating doldrums of guilt and depression.
- If you find that everything with which you’re involved holds something for which you are grateful, you generate countless ways to please yourself. Not so much that you’re grateful per se but grateful for the accomplishment of identifying things that provide pleasant consequences. So much pleasing of yourself provides a happy walkway in life.
- In the matter of achieving things, men and women are alike. However, they differ in the way and things they accomplish. Men go more for producing and favor directness, logic, and reason, such as used in a day’s work, creating wealth, and winning at games and life. They predominantly seek self-admiration and sometimes crave confirmation by others. Women find gratefulness and please themselves more in processing of daily events, interpersonal relations, and inner workings of the heart. They favor indirectness as method, feelings as the currency of exchange, and proving their importance as the mission. This pithy summary also describes it: “[M]ost women feel like ‘I gotta get everything done’. It seems most men feel like ‘I gotta get everything right’.”*
* Thabiti Anyabwile, Senior Pastor of First Baptist Church of Grand Cayman in the Grand Cayman Islands