Both sexes are born to live compatibly as mates. To men, relationships just are; they don’t need maintenance. Recovery comes with women being born as relationship experts. They’re able to coach and coax accommodation and maintain balance between the sexes. Facing hundreds of sex differences, they do better when they start with strategic guidelines.
The following universal principles provide high level guidance. Accommodation and balance in these principles reduce the battle of the sexes to compatible peace and the potential for harmonious mating.
- The superior sex provides what the dominant sex needs to succeed at building economic wealth to sustain life as a family. In exchange, the dominant sex yields independence to the superior sex to succeed at building domestic peace, preferably harmony in the home.
- Women are born for happiness but they have to earn it with extra effort at being uniquely female, that is, feminine. Men are born into satisfaction; beginning as toddlers they stumble into it as the result of living a self-admired way of life.
- Men are born to compete, women to cooperate. Mating enables the dominant sex to rest peacefully after the hard labor of building and accumulating wealth. Mating enables the superior sex to strive for a brighter future through the good offices of a mate.
- Women are born to be good. By doing good, they become good in fact. Men are born to do good. They become good under the influence of women who energize them to do good.
- Morality serves women. Men don’t need it. And so women gain the moral high ground if they choose to impose morality into their lives.
- Men focus on the present. (They seek self-admiration through achievement.) Women focus on the future. (Today’s schedule was planned yesterday; the next vacation is in the works; the prospects of food next month is more important than what is on the table today.)
- Men are naturally direct and women indirect in dealing with the opposite sex. Mutual respect for each other’s preferred method breeds cooperation.
- Men are sufficiently independent to chase their boyhood dreams with dedication as adults. Women lead lives of quiet desperation or unquiet exhaustion as they adjust expectations to fit the discouraging realities pitted against their girlhood hopes and dreams.
- To men, respect must be earned. Women give respect freely until it becomes undeserved.
- Sex bonds women but not men.
- Women need to feel important. Men need to be admired.
- Women fear abandonment. Men fear insignificance.
- Women are naturally modest. Men are not.
- Women live eternally with infernal guilt. Men do not; they resent the imposition of guilt and reject, escape, or forget it.
Accommodation and balance in those factors sets the stage for relationship success. However, a woman’s relationship expertise is both animated and limited by self-gratitude. With it flooding her heart, she ‘inherits’ the urgency to build a healthy relationship and the energy to maintain it. Without a flood, she flops and flounders on the rocks of interpersonal pressures.
More will follow on self-gratitude.