STRATEGIES, TACTICS, AND TECHNIQUES OF PREVENTIVE RELATIONSHIP MAINTENANCE (PRiM)
Motto: PRiM is very proper, ‘cause he doesn’t drop her.
- You are entitled to a dignified role within the relationship, family, and home. Insist on it early; don’t let it creep away from you. Dignity enhances respect, which is essential for man to love woman.
- Eliminate blame from the home and family. Chop off that pointy finger. It erects defensive barriers and stirs relationship competition that men intend to always win. Also, the receiver of blame immediately dislikes the finger owner regardless of accuracy or what’s deserved.
- Eliminate bitterness wherever it appears in your home. Don’t allow it to persist or grow, especially in yourself. It stinks up the family atmosphere and ultimately produces the same effects as blame except it works slower and is more deadly for both marriage and family.
- First thing every day get control of yourself and your life before you encounter family who is up and about. Mirror time starting at post 2123 describes the best way to do it. If you don’t “own” yourself and control your role in your world, you won’t be able to manage both your day and those you should to your or their satisfaction.
- Sour leaders beget sour followers. Look endlessly for ways to be grateful for yourself first, mate second, and others third. Gratefulness is the essence of your happiness, and that is the essence of the happiness of females and satisfaction of males in your immediate family.
- If you’re not the family’s model for giving, taking will become habitual for most other family members.
- Raise your daughters so that father is extremely proud of them. Pristine behavior and strong character are the traits most admired by fathers.
- Treat him as if he’s more intelligent than you. It’s ego-stroking that he needs. But he can easily persuade himself that you have the superior brainpower when he doesn’t have to face that fact directly.
- Demand nothing of anyone (except over safety issues with children). You’re wonderfully prepared to influence others with feminine charm, persuasion, and patience—to demand belittles you as lacking personal calmness, influence, and conviction that you expect others to heed you.
- The softer your voice, the better everyone listens. The better they listen, the better they hear. They better they hear, the better you get your way.