Readers have asked me many times to advise men about women. I rejected the idea as near worthless. The most important reason is that men don’t listen to other men advising how to deal with or live with a woman. Conquer one, yes, but little else.
I don’t know where it will lead but not all of it will be female-friendly. I’m just going to now list the first 30 that come to mind today and ask you to pardon the duplicates that will probably appear later, because I’m not going to edit them as I go.
- You want to be admired by your woman. Then make and prove her to be the most important THING in your life.
- You want to be satisfied with your life? You won’t until you dedicate yourself to having a successful marriage with a good woman, made good because you’re a good man and she made you a better one. IOW, you married over your head.
- Affection to a woman means she’s important to the giver. You don’t look for much affection but she has to have it. Its absence is a leading cause of breakdown in a relationship.
- Never blame her, talk.
- You like action, she likes to talk. Don’t let that fool you. She hears your talk but she judges your actions to ensure they match your words.
- Your words comes out of your mind; your actions come out of your heart. A woman is much more interested in your heart than mind. So, sweet talk has its place, but it’s temporary and good only for fooling someone, which says that you’re not a very good man for a woman to know or associate with.
- Blame is the sourest note you can add to marital harmony. Blame your wife for anything and you will pay many times over. She can’t be her best without you confirming both your and her behaviors with alibis, explanations, justifications, and excuses. Anything other than blame.
- You’ll be amazed at how admirable you look and therapeutic it can be for a marriage when you explain away her mistakes as okay. I realize that’s an impossibility after she cheats, but otherwise it’s wise counsel.
- If she blames you, man up. Recover by saving your marriage rather than your dignity or ego or shame. It’s easy if you start by adding respect to her and her feelings and finish by adding affection and promises THAT MEAN WHAT YOU SAY. (Of course, it doesn’t apply if she’s always blaming you for every little thing that happens against the best interest of your marriage.)
- If you don’t or can’t respect females as creatures equal to you just as God does, it denies you the self-respect that you crave but can’t seem to find. Start showing more respect for women for no other reason than they deserve your special consideration and watch your self-respect soar.