31. You want to know her sexual history so you can figure out what she’s done, who with in case you meet them or she meets them again, and what’s the probability she will be true to you. If she’s smart she won’t disclose her sexual past outside of marriage or quality of it inside. She intuitively knows it will be used against her some way some day. If you can’t honor her wishes for privacy about her sexual history, how can you care enough to trust her on other things?
32. She did not marry to provide you with frequent and convenient access to sex but for frequent and convenient intimacy for her that comes from providing you what you want. If you can’t make those two factors balance out to the satisfaction of both of you, she will disappoint you because you’re doomed to disappoint her first.
33. You consider whatever you pay as romance that leads to foreplay. She considers foreplay as the price you pay for intercourse. Neither is adequate to her unless romance elevates her importance and foreplay provides intimacy.
34. If you can do something, women feel they can too. So, they duplicate men. Unless you prefer such a woman, don’t overeat, flirt around, cheat, put career before job, job before her, get in someone’s face, demand obedience, talk like a drunken sailor, demand submissiveness, or continually spotlight whatever you see as your prerogatives over a woman. She will tend to either copy you, or resist, resent, and retaliate in her own not-so-sweet way.
35. Unsuccessful marriage often works this way. You’re perfect or nearly so. She sees a few minor flaws that need improvement. You resist her efforts that start out as attempts to improve your contribution to the marriage and then turn personal when you don’t or can’t abide her wishes. She resents, her morale declines, she turns negative and then bitter, and then regurgitates you into an ex.
36. She seeks harmony in the home. It begins here. You are master of the present-day events and matters outside the home. She is master of the home and the family future. In effect, you’re chief executive officer (CEO) and she is chief operating officer (COO) reporting to you.
37. A woman willing to be devoted to you above all others MUST be near-perfect. You’re not the hero she claims nor the specimen you presume but the Mr. Good Enough most likely to fit her ideal of a husband—someday you’ll get there with her help, of course.
38. If she can’t or won’t cook and do housework but provides good sex, can you afford to compensate for the first two? Will her ‘good sex’ even remain at home?
39. Being present with your woman or wife is not enough. She has to ‘feel’ your presence by your talking WITH her. She needs frequent confirmation by your exchanging thoughts, emotions, and ideas that prove with verbals and actions that you’re still connected to HER.
40. You can be grateful for her keeping herself pretty by your keeping yourself handy to take care of what concerns her. If she can’t depend on you, what happens to her respect of you?