52. How you respect their mom has a major influence on how the kids love her. How she treats you has a major influence on how the children respect you.
53. You need everyone’s respect. It makes your word the ultimate and you’re the last authority to whom they can appeal. Your best role is as an appeal judge rather than sentencing judge. Let mom do the sentencing. Undermine her authority and you will produce problem kids. It teaches them to disrespect, ignore, and then subvert higher authority—also to play one parent against the other. So, don’t reverse her decisions or even let kids suspect you think her wrong. (Except maybe with a little sympathy when she is so obviously wrong no one can admit less. But you still back her because she’s your most valuable asset in the world even though she may be wrong. With your undivided support, a wife can very easily admit she’s wrong and correct her mistakes. She will relieve her guilt as long as you don’t blame her and set up her competitively against you.)
54. As primary family leader, declaring the following as policy will settle many arguments before they arise. “Blame is forbidden in this home. Those who use the pointy finger of blame will be found guilty of not finding a more respectful way to complain about something or someone else.” Then, the tough part: You have to set the example.
55. Don’t let the kids see their mother contradicting or reversing your decisions. Make sure you and she support each other until you take issues behind closed doors, and even then don’t let the kids know the results of who won. If you make parental disputes any business of the kids, they quickly learn to play one parent against the other.
56. You think so much of male dominance. Yet, the sexes are made differently and the female gender is actually the superior one. You see, she has the relationship expertise to bring and hold a couple together by letting men think their dominance is supreme. You don’t have such talent and skill. (Where do you head when relationship management is needed? Even know what that means? Not to worry. Women know intuitively not to spread the word or act as if the female gender is superior. They gain immensely by presuming the male gender at least bigger and perhaps better if not superior.)
57. Beware! Of course eating without regard for the after effects is each woman’s business. However, they turn around and blame you and other men for not treating them as if they are attractive. Example: Women dress erotically and exotically to compensate or hide fat deposits or bodies and men react quite naturally with short- but little long-range interest. You’re not to blame for their self-induced misery, and they don’t listen to men about such things anyway.
58. You’re biblically flawed by insisting that your woman submit based on one bible passage to your will in domestic matters. Several reasons: a) God gave her a free will also. b) You may just not be worth it. c) It’s her instinctive nature to lean in the direction of submissiveness in order to keep her relationships harmonized. But she only leans in that direction. If she doesn’t like your insistence, she’s free to tell you to kiss off. It all means that you’re worth more when you respect her options and use persuasion more than absolute submission.
59. Your nagging her is as bad as the reverse. Usually worse, because it kills her spirit about liking you while it only makes you frustrated or angry.
60. Your laziness weakens her likeability of you and thus weakens your love of her. It sounds convoluted because it is. If you’re not likeable to her, there goes her loyalty to you. As you know, you can’t love a woman not loyal to you.