I received a comment two years ago and it amazed me. To honor the author’s perspicacity, I re-post it as a sterling addition and fitting for this series. I sure wish I could make things as simple and clear. I trust you enjoy it as much as I.
The following is quoted without change as Her Highness My Husband’s Wife posted it at 2044. And I repeat it again as a wonderful contribution and example of clear thinking from within the females’ submissive spirit.
“This subject is so good with so many aspects to explore and think about. Wives/husbands/pastors always focus on the “submit” verse, but I believe there is great value to a wife in understanding the other half of the equation regarding her husband in Ephesians 5:25 (‘Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her.’) If you were to sum this verse up in one word, it would be ‘SACRIFICE.’
“So then a wife looks at HOW a husband sacrifices DAILY for her…some examples would be:
• Working to pay the bills with a job he doesn’t particularly like = sacrifice
• Picking a practical vehicle to save vs. sports car = sacrifice
• Despite so many attractive women, being physically faithful to wife = sacrifice
• Giving up his independent lifestyle to be with her = sacrifice
• Spending less time with the guys to be with her = sacrifice
• Limiting time spent on hobbies to be about family business = sacrifice
• Quitting a partying lifestyle to be more family oriented = sacrifice
• Forgoing new camping equipment to buy household items = sacrifice
• Staying with her despite her failures/imperfections = BIG sacrifice
“Of course each marriage is unique in the way husband gives up things for her and his family. It’s quite humbling when a wife sees really how much husband does which ultimately injects GRATEFULNESS for him into her heart. Of course he won’t always sacrifice perfectly as women don’t always submit perfectly.
“I see this contrast in my marriage clearly when I compare my husband’s single friend to him. The single friend is all about buying whatever he wants, getting all sorts of women, doing what he wants/when he wants, he doesn’t always have to work, etc. etc. It’s every man’s ‘fantasy!’ Then I look at my husband who has given up so much and his “independence” for the sake of “us” and it’s pretty amazing. It’s HIS version of ‘FREE TO SERVE’ with his FREE WILL.”
I don’t know about you, but I love it when I see a pretty woman use her inborn female nature to judge so intelligently. Not perfect, but her husband does so many things right, she deserves credit for good screening and remaining the woman he married. Good enough that he sees no reason to do less than what’s right for him and her. Yes, I am presuming that because she sees all those sacrifices, he stays well pleased at home.