Anticipating a wet holiday weekend, I take a break. The following amuses me every time I come across it.
HOW DRY IS IT IN TEXAS? (Not original but I lost the source.)
A friend from Rockwall said he killed a mosquito that was carrying a canteen.
A man from Odessa said the chicken farmers were giving the chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
At Lake Texhoma, someone caught a 28 lb. catfish that had ticks on it.
One year during my life in Plano, Texas, friends reported these events:
- a fire hydrant was seen bribing a dog,
- Baptists began baptizing with sprinkle bottles,
- Methodists began using wet-wipes,
- Presbyterians gave out rain-checks, and
- Catholics prayed for the wine to turn back into water.
Other than that, living in Texas was great.