Dad asked me to post a quick status update. He has been re-admitted to hospital for a pulmonary condition that relapsed from a few weeks ago. Looks like a bit of surgery tomorrow to try and correct. Please send prayers upward or wishes his way.
Sir Guy and Guy Jr.
This is Guy Jr. My father has recently had some significant health issues and might likely be out of pocket for a while longer. Never fear, however, during his recuperation he tells me he has a number of new, exciting thoughts to share with all of you and will be back ASAP.
Thank you for all your support of WWNH and please keep Sir Guy in your prayers. These have become challenging times for us.
All the best to you all on behalf of Sir Guy,
Anticipating a wet holiday weekend, I take a break. The following amuses me every time I come across it.
HOW DRY IS IT IN TEXAS? (Not original but I lost the source.)
A friend from Rockwall said he killed a mosquito that was carrying a canteen.
A man from Odessa said the chicken farmers were giving the chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
At Lake Texhoma, someone caught a 28 lb. catfish that had ticks on it.
One year during my life in Plano, Texas, friends reported these events:
- a fire hydrant was seen bribing a dog,
- Baptists began baptizing with sprinkle bottles,
- Methodists began using wet-wipes,
- Presbyterians gave out rain-checks, and
- Catholics prayed for the wine to turn back into water.
Other than that, living in Texas was great.
It’s so easy to love you gals. You’ve earned my respect and I’ve invested nine years in you. You deserve it, or I wouldn’t be here.
My hope is the man in your life admires your feminine qualities, adds up your virtues into virtuous enough for marriage, and finds you supercalifragilistic- as a wife keeping her man satisfied with his -expialidocious self. Swell matched couple, huh?
I started the series Good Women Lose Their Way Getting Their Way before I was ready. I’ll return to it on the weekend
Merry Christmas to everyone of you precious gals, dolls, darlings, honeys, beauties, princesses, and queens—especially those undergoing hard times—and best wishes those to whom you belong or they belong to you.
I love you everyone. I accept your comments as year-round Christmas presents. Without you, the challenges out of which I make a satisfying life would be missing.
And Happy Hanukkah to you ladies of an admirable and highly respected faith.
- Feminism and Femininity are mutually exclusive. The former attracts women; the latter attracts men. Trying to join as a couple, Feminism in her tends to polarize their interests and weaken their connection, whereas Femininity does the opposite.
- Feminism dilutes mutual respect and makes unconditional respect (e.g., chivalry) practically non-existent within a couple. It’s a compatibility toxin.
- Feminism makes women think more like men, especially ‘me before you’ and ‘me before us’. Thus, they lose their natural expertise for holding a man.
- Feminists claim female independence as a woman’s right. Men let them have it and welcome the watering down of family responsibility and accountability.
- Flower gifts to men indirectly inflict guilt that her money was wasted at his cause. But, if it pleases her….
- Girls and women who play hard-to-get know what they do. Those who don’t teach males to benefit by using their own version of hard-to-get model, e.g., players.
- Girls help condition boys to respect females and domesticity. If they don’t help along the process that moms start, then adult men lack respect for women and interest in domestic life.
- Hard-headed feminine gentleness born out of a woman’s soft-hearted nature beguiles males. It adds to both her mystique and influence, because she’s so different from men.
- A woman’s former relationships may be known to her man, but no mention should be made or details disclosed about ex-boyfriends or ex-husbands—especially their sexual abilities.
- He practically begs to know her sexual history. He uses it to expect her sexual fidelity with him and may use it against her in disputes. Non-disclosure works best.