This subject opened a year ago and a reminder is in order. Remember, female virtue is more than sexual purity and described in earlier articles #447-450.
Virtue among women and good character among men are the institutional foundations of respect one gender for the other. Mutual respect arrives when two people perceive each other to be respectable but by different measures.
He needs to respect her in order to love her. She needs to respect him in order for him to respect her. So, her respect MUST come first. Sorry, ladies, I know you object, but God designed it, and Nature implements it.
Actually, females benefit, so guess who God blessed first. The sex difference enables females to control both first and lasting impressions. But let’s stick here to first impressions and how females control them. Follow this mental exercise loop all the way around:
- She must show respect for him and that starts with showing respect for men. (He pays attention to what his competitors do and think, so their respect assists in forming his own impressions.)
- She shows respect for men by appearing virtuous, so she always grooms, attires, and acts as if endowed with glorious levels of virtue.
- Men recognize her as virtuous, because their competitors see her that way.
- A man’s imagination converts her attractiveness to include sexual virtue until proven or guessed otherwise.
- Her attractiveness enables her virtue to shine in his eyes. He responds by showing respect for her, because she showed respect for men, and he infers it for himself.
- The first impression ends with respect for her hidden within his thoughts but respect for him glowing in hers. (She can’t disrespect one man, when he obviously respects her so much. Right?)
- Return to 1. above to close the loop and improve male-female interaction.
In a few days I’ll get to the subject of good character in men.