Her Highness Edith Mcklveen in a classy response wondered how the forerunner with the title above  might apply when “hormones are not circulating in youthful quantities?” And, “men at a certain point become more, um, mellow, and women become somewhat less mellow.” In her praiseworthy ladylike phrasing, she calls to mind that in later life the ratio of male to female hormones goes down in men and the reverse happens in women. It results in older women becoming the more sexually interested and perhaps eager of the two.
As they age, both sexes have a tougher time living with themselves as their respective sex drives morph hormonally in a direction opposite of earlier in life. Men can sense it but women don’t see it coming, I suspect, soon enough to coach their middle-age man to find new and exciting ways to caress and stimulate her to intimacy and frequent satisfaction. That is, prepare in middle age for ever-mellowing years.
As to how 2724 applies in the mellower years, the following effects may develop as aging progresses.
- “Their first sex together transforms a man.” In mellower times, however, the effects are amended by the softening nature of older men. A man’s mid-life crisis can work wonders for his mate, or not! He most likely will be different in many ways, not all of which will please her.
- The awkward results of one-night stands become less common as men face a different life especially after the mid-life crisis. More mature times call for leaving a less awkward trail behind.
- The process to get an older man to bond is not to focus on pleasing him but playing a mellower game of hard-to-get into the bedroom and thereby energizing him to please her more and better. (Men are little boys, and in the growing up process they are little men. They insist to themselves to capture what they are denied.)
- If he won’t pay her price—that is, fulfill her expectations—before they merge first time, he won’t pay much toward her future solace. If he won’t satisfy himself by satisfying her before first sex together, he won’t likely satisfy her after that, which means he’s not fully able to keep satisfied with himself. (A man’s primary mission in life is to keep himself satisfied with who he is and what he does, a woman or mate notwithstanding.)
- Contrary to woman-think, her sexual asset value doesn’t decline among men her age. It does decline, however, as a woman allows her feminine appearance to deteriorate or be ignored.
- A man’s confidence subsides from the relentless decay of his ability to sexually perform to his satisfaction. The urge remains, but shame or lack of courage can emerge to purge interest.
- Motivated to energize a new relationship, women lower their price for touch, feel, fondle, and ultimate prize. But too much and a man gets what he wants for so little a price that his respect for her does not arise.
- No change comes with age in a man’s desire to conquer. Each attractive woman energizes his thoughts, but his courage wilts if he expects to embarrass himself.
- Female standards to delay conquest work as it does in earlier life. (It’s anecdotal, but I know two sixty-some ladies who traveled extensively with boyfriends while insisting and using separate motel rooms until they married. One insisted her man switch religious denomination. The other insisted her man be saved and my wife Grace led him to the Lord. Both ladies conquered their man. One marriage lasted nine years until husband died, and the other continues today and almost twice that long.)
- If anticipating sex with a specific woman won’t keep him satisfied with himself, he will tend to avoid her.
- Conquest for the man doesn’t invoke the four consequences shown in 2724. Aging softens them all. It doesn’t mean older women won’t be dumped after conquest. Players may or may not change their tactics even with mid-life crisis.
- I think the most impressive lesson to be learned from applying 2724 to mellower times is this. The higher the price a man pays investing himself in her, the more reliable he will be as suitor and mate. (Men are hunter-conquering competitors who satisfy themselves with what they earn. So, they don’t appreciate unearned gifts.)
Finally, women should look out for this. The more direct and stronger a man claims his love will be her deliverance, the more likely he’s scheduling her for the caregiver role later.
The foregoing reminds of some more about aging and will appear next at 2726.