- Commitment is a two-way, negotiated exchange of obligations. Devotion is one-way verbal and physical communication aimed at inspiring two-way dedication. 
- Commitment is made with words. Devotion is observed through actions.
- Commitment promises togetherness with her. Devotion shows that she’s cherished and he’s dedicated to her. 
- Commitment may promise physical fidelity. Devotion promises emotional faithfulness, because she’s worth too much to lose. 
- Commitment signals she’s worthy enough for him at least for now. Devotion signals that he needs her with him for the long term. 
- Commitment’s promise of togetherness may last or not, because only time and future tell. Devotion to her lasts because his dedication shapes both time and the future on her behalf. 
- Commitment fades under daily pressures that eat away at promises and weaken togetherness. Devotion of himself to one woman triggers a man’s nature to provide and protect against life’s pressures; dedication determines his duty. 
- Promises require no cherishment of her at the present. His devoted actions and sacrifices show that she’s cherished. 
- Commitment leaves room to blame her for togetherness problems. Devotion bonds him more tightly and inspires him to blame everything else rather than her. 
- Commitment has no obligation to excuse his woman’s mistakes. Devotion finds excuses to forgive and forget her mistakes. 
Tag Archives: togetherness
♀ When a woman concludes that men are only after one thing, it’s because she offers too little else.
♀ Women generate their own unhappiness. A woman focuses on her man’s negatives, which worsen precisely because of her attentions.
♀ Booty call: The screwing she gets for the screwing he gets. Duty sluthood costs her much more male respect that she can ever imagine.
♀ College girls major in booty for reasons incomprehensible to any father.
♀ Capturing a man is easy. Keeping one is not. The burden is on her. Her nature seeks togetherness, and his seeks freedom.
♀ Virgin girls believe they won’t get dumped if they yield. Actually, to men, the more his buds have tried and failed, the easier she is to dump, unless he’s really into her other strengths and attributes.
♀ It’s self-fulfilling: A wife blames husband for his faults. Accused men defend themselves by disproving the evidence presented. Debate amplifies his faults into failures in her eyes. He gets worse.
♀ Women abandon femininity, modesty, high moral standards, and other female strengths just to have a boyfriend they can’t keep, because of what they abandoned.
[More about sex and fickle females appears in posts 291, 259, 246, 229, 216, 201, 184, 170, 160, 148, 137, 93, and 34. Scroll down or search by the number followed by a dot and space.]
♀ Modern women let the need to have boyfriend override common sense. His commitment promises togetherness that remains open-ended.
♀ Women that talk endlessly when with a man cannot also be mysterious. Unless, perhaps, if their jabber stays impersonal, which it seldom remains.
♀ Women make the institution of marriage of, by, and for women and children. Husbands are left out once children are born. Men don’t play second fiddle and remain with that orchestra.
♀ Women tossed away femininity and the social construct of the lady to make room for feminist theory and spirit. Men fake, sidestep, and b.s. around whatever they face to access sexual partners. They wonder, but not too much, why women traded female strengths for masculine weaknesses in order to deal with men.
♀ Wives win this way: Before marriage he proves through devotion that he’s worthy of her; he earns her hand. After marriage she proves herself worthy of him; she maintains his devotion.
♀ When a woman diminishes or weakens showing respect and gratitude for her man, she earns his disrespect. This shifts her away from marital sainthood and positions her for disposal to the ex lane.
[More about sex and fickle females appears in posts 229, 216, 201, 184, 170, 160, 148, 137, 93, and 34. Scroll down or search by the number followed by a dot and space.]
Marriages deteriorate more easily and become temporary, than they solidify and become permanent. Deterioration requires little else than inattention, sloppiness, carelessness.
Solidifying a marriage requires a lot of shared goals and planning to sustain mutual respect. Making the process habitual in the early years produces desired results later. (Grace and I didn’t get the shortcomings of our early marriage straightened out until our third decade together.)
First impressions last, and early marriage sets the stage for whatever follows. Jointly built successes bond a couple. Failures, weaknesses, and even good intentions do not bond and can smother love to death.
Consequently, newlywed success depends on preventing relationship harm. That’s where forming good habits comes in. It requires mutual devotion—not just commitment—to build new habits that stamp out premarital bad habits that lead to deterioration.
This Newlywed Bonding series covers four beneficial habits that chase bad habits away:
1. Virtue as relationship glue
2. Money as relationship slave
3. Separate but equal as teamwork
4. Custom as dispute avoidance
The first good habit will appear in a few days. The Table of Contents at the top lists many subjects pertaining to living successfully with someone of the opposite sex.
NOTE: A nice and classy young lady, Tricia, inspired this series of posts. I pray her pending marriage matches her public pleasantness, charm, and sense of responsibility.
Females succumb to male expectations and standards, which lower their value as mates. They accept commitment instead of taking time to generate a man’s devotion.
⌂ Commitment promises togetherness with her. ♥ Devotion delivers his dedication to her.
⌂ Commitment only promises to rule out other women. ♥ Devotion delivers it, because she’s worth not losing.
⌂ Commitment signals she’s worthy enough for him. ♥ Devotion signals she’s more than worthy for him.
⌂ Commitment’s promise of togetherness may last or not, because only time and future tell. ♥ Devotion to her lasts even though living together may not happen.
⌂ Commitment dies easily under daily pressures that eat away at promises and togetherness. ♥ Devotion of self to one person triggers a man’s nature to provide and protect against life’s pressures.
⌂ Promises require no work at the present. ♥ Devotion exhibits personal sacrifices today.
⌂ Commitment is a two-way, negotiated exchange of obligations. ♥ Devotion is one-way verbal and physical communication aimed at inspiring two-way dedication.
⌂ Commitment leaves room to blame her for togetherness problems. ♥ Devotion bonds him more tightly and inspires him to blame everything else before her.
⌂ Commitment has no obligation to excuse a mate’s mistakes. ♥ Devotion finds excuses to protect one’s mate.
⌂ Promises make only vague and risky commitment, as females see it. ♥ Women crave someone’s devotion.
Commitment is infatuation, lust, love, or maybe empty words. The only proof lies in the absence of breaking up.
Devotion is observable. He courts her delicately and doesn’t push too hard for conquest, because he’s afraid of losing her.
NOTE: She did it again. The nice lady that inspired post 219 also inspired this one.
[More on the shattering of female dominance appears at posts 209, 194, 173, 159, and 151.]